NEWS BREAK

    Share
    avatar
    Lord_Arjay
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Male
    Number of posts : 1190
    Location : Everywhere...
    User Post Points :
    100 / 100100 / 100

    Points : 21
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  Lord_Arjay on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 pm

    Bomb found near school


    AN IMPROVISED explosive device was found 15 meters away from an elementary school at Barangay Vicente Hizon, Davao City, on Wednesday afternoon.

    Sasa Police station Chief Joselito Loriza said the 81mm mortar improvised explosive device was discovered around 2:30 p.m. at the back of Vicente Hizon Elementary School.

    "Ang unang nakakita is katong nagtugway ug baka and sinabihan niya 'yung kaibigan niya na retired air force and 'yun ang tumawag ng team ng bomb experts ng air force (The one who found it was a man who was bringing his cow to pasture and he told his friend who is a retired air force personnel, who in turn reported the sighting to bomb experts of the air force)," Loriza said.

    He said that when the team from the air force confirmed the information, they reported it to his office and he called up the Special Anti-Terrorist Unit (Satu) of the Davao City Police Office.

    "Pumunta na kami sa area and 'yung taga air force and Satu na ang nag detonate ng bomb (We went to the area. The air force and Satu were the ones who detonate the bomb)," Loriza said.

    She added that the bomb was probably intended for the celebration of the Kadayawan Festival last week.

    "Sa higpit ng checkpoints natin dito, siguro nag-alanganin sila but intended na gamitin ito sa Kadayawan. Masyadong strict ang checkpoint so, iniwan nila. Wala talagang tao sa likod ng school, grassy and vacant so 'dun na lang iniwan (Due to tight checkpoints here, they probably hesitated but could have intended to use it on Kadayawan. The checkpoint is strict so they left it. The back portion of the school is grassy and vacant that is why it was left there)," Loriza said.

    According to her, they have not yet identified the group behind the explosive device.

    Hizon Elementary School principal Filipinas Samblingo meanwhile said that when she was told that a bomb was found at the back of their school, she advised students to vacate their rooms.

    "Nanggawas pud ang mga bata kay abi pud nila na naay games ug naay bisita. Paggawas nila, naglinya pud tawon sila kay kung naay mga ana man gud, organized na gyud na sila (The children were made to leave their classrooms in the belief that there were some games or visitors. But when they learned otherwise, they just lined up)," Samblingo told Sun.Star Davao.

    She said they gathered the students at their evacuation center.

    "Kining front sa school, intended gyud na sila pag naay mga earthquakes ug mga sunog. Ang mga bata, gi-assist lang sa mga teachers nila, nakabalo sila paggawas na nila sa school mismo. Ang mga parents, naa ra man pud sa gawas so gipagawas na lang gyud tanan (The front part of the school is intended for evacuations for earthquakes and fire. The children were assisted by the teachers while the parents were waiting outside)," Samblingo said.

    Samblingo said their school has 2,448 grades 1-6 and 250 kindergarten pupils.

    "Sa kadaghan sa mga estudyante namo, maglisod gyud mi pero naa man ang mga teachers nila, sila nag agak sa mga estudyante pagawas (With the sheer number of our children, it would be difficult to evacuate them, but we have the teachers to assist them and led them out)," she said.

    Classes were then suspended after the incident, said Samblingo.




    _________________
    avatar
    m_Ar_i_eL
    Best Friend
    Best Friend

    Female
    Number of posts : 75
    Location : mOzaRt´s hOmE
    User Post Points :
    10 / 10010 / 100

    Points : -3
    Registration date : 2008-01-20

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  m_Ar_i_eL on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 pm

    mabuti at nakita din yun bomb
    it will again very tragic kung
    sumabog nnman yan..
    its really not humane
    kung bkit ginagawa yang mga ganyang
    pagbombing..
    sana lng wag na mandamay ng mga inosente
    patayin n lng nila mga politiko..
    kawawa na nga ang mga tao sa mindanao
    lalo lng nila pinahihirapan..
    hhaayyy naku
    walang magawa sa buhay nila
    gggrrrrrrrrr...

    avatar
    Lord_Arjay
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Male
    Number of posts : 1190
    Location : Everywhere...
    User Post Points :
    100 / 100100 / 100

    Points : 21
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  Lord_Arjay on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 am

    m_Ar_i_eL wrote:mabuti at nakita din yun bomb
    it will again very tragic kung
    sumabog nnman yan..
    its really not humane
    kung bkit ginagawa yang mga ganyang
    pagbombing..
    sana lng wag na mandamay ng mga inosente
    patayin n lng nila mga politiko..
    kawawa na nga ang mga tao sa mindanao
    lalo lng nila pinahihirapan..
    hhaayyy naku
    walang magawa sa buhay nila
    gggrrrrrrrrr...


    Yup, ganun nga Miss Mariel. Sa pagkaka-alam ko eh mga hapon yata naglagay nyan noon pa... Ngayon lang nakita. Buti na lang at nahanap agad kung hindi eh tiyak marami ang mamamatay dahil sa pagsabog...

    Thanks sa comment Mariel. bunal bunal


    _________________
    avatar
    candzy_angel
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Female
    Number of posts : 1751
    Age : 35
    Location : diri og didto
    User Post Points :
    100 / 100100 / 100

    Points : 21
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  candzy_angel on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:24 pm

    4 dead, 30 injured in Metro bus blast

    FOUR passengers of a Cruiser bus of Metro Shuttle were killed while 30 others were injured, several in critical condition, as a bomb exploded inside at around 2:45 p.m. at the Digos City Terminal.Only one of the four have been identified so far: Marlon Doey of Basiawan in Sta. Maria, Davao del Sur. No other details were known about the victim except that he was of legal age. The bus number 209 had just arrived at the terminal from Davao City on its way to Malita, Davao del Sur, when the bomb exploded.

    The four dead passengers were still rushed to the Digos Provincial Hospital to no avail.

    There was still no suspect in the bombing although Davao del Sur Gov. Douglas Ra. Cagas is convinced it was just another handiwork of the Alkhobar group, a group of extortionists who prey on bus companies and set up bombs when a bus company refuses to give them money. Cagas, who is also chair of the Regional Peace and Order Council, was furious upon learning of the explosion. “Wa sila’y respeto sa atong mga igsuong Muslim nga nagsaulog sa unang adlaw sa Ramadhan (These people do not have respect to our brother Muslims who are observing the first day of the holy Ramadan month),” he said. Provincial Police Director Cesar Darantinao has already ordered his men to conduct a thorough investigation on the bombing. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, while the Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council was still trying to identify the victims as of presstime yesterday.

    This is the second blast to hit Digos City in just over one month. On July 24, another Metro Shuttle bus was hit by an IED explosion that was blamed on extortionist group Al-Khobar. July’s blast claimed two lives and injured 33 others. Tagum City Mayor Rey Uy, whose family owns Metro Shuttle fleet, is unavailable for comment as of this writing. But during July’s blast, he vowed to implement stricter security measures to prevent the same incident from happening again. Meanwhile, Davao City has been placed on red alert status anew following the bomb explosion. Checkpoints and additional police personnel have already been deployed in and around Davao City.

    In an interview with Sun.Star Davao, Senior Superintendent Ramon Apolinario, director of the Davao City Police Office, said that the city was immediately placed under red alert following the explosion in Digos City. “Checkpoints have been put up in the various entry and exit points of the city to prevent similar incidents,” Apolinario said.
    avatar
    Lord_Arjay
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Male
    Number of posts : 1190
    Location : Everywhere...
    User Post Points :
    100 / 100100 / 100

    Points : 21
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  Lord_Arjay on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:44 pm

    Kani gyud ang mas grabeh... tsk tsk tsk.. unsa may makuha anang mga terorista oi? tungod lang sa kwarta eh mupatay na sila ug tawo... tsk tsk tsk... Bad cheetah!!!... bahala na si God sa inyoha... tsk tsk tsk....


    _________________
    avatar
    joyce
    Best Friend
    Best Friend

    Female
    Number of posts : 354
    Age : 30
    Location : davao city
    User Post Points :
    25 / 10025 / 100

    Points : 28
    Registration date : 2008-06-06

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  joyce on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:26 pm

    Lord_Arjay wrote:Kani gyud ang mas grabeh... tsk tsk tsk.. unsa may makuha anang mga terorista oi? tungod lang sa kwarta eh mupatay na sila ug tawo... tsk tsk tsk... Bad cheetah!!!... bahala na si God sa inyoha... tsk tsk tsk....

    aww...

    its not only about money matters arjay...

    may prinsipyo lang tlaga silang ipinaglalaban... that sometimes, or shall i say most of the time, their principles lead them to fall in a ditch becuase of their wrongdoings,,,,

    in fairness din, what they did awakens our leaders and those who are for quite a long time, never cares about current events....

    but still in the end.... spiritually and morally.... mali pah rin ang paraan nah ginamit nila kahit sabihin pah na may ipinaglalaban sila....

    still....

    THEIR END DOES NOT JUSTIFY THEIR MEANS....

    bunal bunal bunal

    Kugmo
    avatar
    m_Ar_i_eL
    Best Friend
    Best Friend

    Female
    Number of posts : 75
    Location : mOzaRt´s hOmE
    User Post Points :
    10 / 10010 / 100

    Points : -3
    Registration date : 2008-01-20

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  m_Ar_i_eL on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:55 pm

    clap

    well said joyce...

    di rin talaga ntin masisi yun mga
    gumagawa ng mga ganyang bagay

    pero it doesnt mean na agree tayo
    na mandamay sila ng mga inosente

    sana lang..ang patayin na nila mismo
    yun mga politikong walang magawa

    nangluod nangluod

    ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

    naiipit tuloy ang mga taong bayan..

    :( :(
    avatar
    Babyselosa
    Best Friend
    Best Friend

    Female
    Number of posts : 954
    Age : 30
    Location : City of tuNOk²..
    User Post Points :
    60 / 10060 / 100

    Points : -3
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  Babyselosa on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:45 pm

    Mayor Duterte to continue talks for POWs' release..

    DAVAO CITY, Philippines - Mayor Rodrigo Duterte has said his efforts to negotiate for the release of 1Lt Vicente Cammayo and PO3 Eduardo Tumol will continue despite the military's refusal to cease operations.

    "It has always been the policy of the Armed Forces even with the impending negotiations. That has been the rule, then and now. My talk with the NPA (New People’s Army) is not dependent on a ceasefire. This is more of a personal effort," Duterte told reporters Friday.

    The mayor said he is still working on conditions set forth by the NPA’s political representatives whom he talked with recently.

    "I am in the thick of things. I am not bound by any policy to stop unless the president, as head of civilian authority, orders," Duterte said.

    Duterte also negated military statements saying the Kumander Parago he spoke to recently is not the real Parago.

    "I know him. Siya 'yun (It was him). I was with him when he was released from prison. Ako ang kasama niya (I am with him) as he requested. Maybe for safety reasons," Duterte said.

    "He was beside me when I talked to their political officers. Hindi talaga si Parago ang kausap ko (I am not negotiating with Parago) but political officers ng NDF (National Democratic Front). There were two of them. Parago is part of the military component so he was there," Duterte said.

    As for Cammayo and Tumol's release, Duterte said there is no definite date yet but added he has no reason to doubt the word of those he negotiated with.

    "In good hands sila. I believe them (NPA). It is always a matter of honor when we talk. Walang jamming. Sinasabi nila 'yun totoo. We are still talking," Duterte said..

    Sponsored content

    Admin Re: NEWS BREAK

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:10 am